- "There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I've always existed to be yours, and yours alone. So, don't doubt for a second that you are not important. I promised you I love you and I still do."
- —Jake to Cynthia
- "You got Jacob to feel, how? In the long time that I have known him, he has never showed emotion, not once. Phoebe told me that she hasn't seen emotion in him ages prior to that. And yet, with only a little time with you, he's a different man. He feels and he doesn't lie about what he is feeling. He grows even happier when you are around. You bring out something Stephanos and I never thought anyone could achieve. You have proved everyone that knows him wrong. You, single handily, got Jacob to live again."
- —Alexander about Cynthia's effect on Jacob
- "No, Phoebe, you do not get it. Yes, Cynthia somehow changed Jacob, but she is not the only one who could turn another's emotions back on. Before she went with Jacob to hide, she too, did not have any emotion. She did not feel anything either. It is not a one-way-change form of love they have, they are both bringing out the best in each other. You have said it yourself, they become happier in each other's presence, more at ease. It does not take a physic to notice how much they truly love each other."
- —Krystal to Phoebe about how Jacob is changing Cynthia
Videos which somewhat helped come up with different storylines for them: